photo FLORALHEADER2_zpsd0535b2f.png

Sunday, July 27, 2014

how to: journal collages

Journaling at its core is simply words on paper.
 I do lots of that, but I also love to make what I call "serendipities" in my journals, which are just little spreads or collages of different things that go well together and look pleasing to the eye.

 Scrapbook paper, pictures, quotes, and even tea packaging 
can all go together in a lovely fashion.

 Add magazine pictures and paint chips for extra dimension. 

 Anything goes as far as collages. 
Play around with different stuff you have on hand, 
arranging and rearranging it in different ways before you glue it.
I like to deconstruct old books and magazines for collages, 
snipping out poems, lines, and quotes that catch my eye.

 I made this spread in honor of NaNoWriMo 2013.

Don't forget to add a list!

4 comments :

  1. The NaNoWriMo page: WOW!
    Shaynie, you're so creative. You're an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not exactly an artist, just someone who likes gluing stuff onto paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your journal pages! I like them a lot, and they are not like those totally fancy (and beautiful) art journal pages you can see on other blogs. Something I could never do. At least not yet. I started journalling (again) about 6 months ago and I am just beginning to add something else to the written parts. Yours look great, too, and they look like I can do this, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, Sabrina. I'm sure you can do it; just grab a glue stick and some random stuff and start pasting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

 

All words and photographs belong to Journaling Journeys, unless otherwise stated.
Blog design by Marcia.