photo FLORALHEADER2_zpsd0535b2f.png

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

notebook review: Cavallini journals (and some cats)

Although I've been journaling and exploring different notebook and journal brands for quite some time (over a decade), I have only recently come across the Cavallini brand. Based in San Francisco, Cavallini has been making beautiful, high quality paper goods, stationery, and gifts for over 20 years. Chelsea from Cavallini sent me the Roma Lussa journal to review, and so today, I have the pleasure of reviewing one of the most beautiful journals I have ever seen.

 The color of the leather is magnificent.

  
The leather smells absolutely incredible.
 
 It also features a very useful tie that is long enough to 
wrap around the journal twice so the flap stays closed.

 
The pages are beautifully marbled and very unique;
I have never seen a journal like this before.

 I think the Cavallini logo 
is quite lovely. 

 
The paper of the journal is cream colored and quite thick. 
It doesn't lie flat when it's open, 
which can make it difficult to write in 
(especially considering the fact it's so thick.)

 I tested out all of my favorite pens on the paper. 
It's very smooth and the pens all write beautifully on it.

There was bleed through with the Sharpie permanant marker, 
but that's pretty much to be expected with any paper. 
The other pens did not bleed through,
 but you can see them faintly on the other side.

I had to put in another picture 
of the marbling. It's so lovely!

I also have to comment on the note Chelsea included 
with my journal and the beautiful vintage looking 
stickers she decorated the envelope with!

 My cat, Clementine, also loved the journal. 
She hopped up where I was taking pictures and 
proceeded to lay down next to it.

 She and her sister, Apricot, enjoyed 
playing with the leather strap.

 Every time I moved the journal away from her to get a picture, 
she would move right next to it again.

She became quite possessive of it.

All in all, I was very very happy with the Roma Lussa journal. The quality and uniqueness are incredible (although the inclusion of a bookmark would make it absolutely perfect in all ways!) I would like to extend a huge thank you to Cavallini and to Chelsea for sending me this lovely journal to review!

Check out Cavallini:
 Cavallini doesn't just make journals and really cool notebooks, they also make a variety of very unique, vintage-looking gifts, stationery, and office supplies. Their website is certainly one to check out! You can buy their products online, and in retail stores such as Barnes and Noble, Anthropologie, and Pottery Barn, just to name a few. 

So what's your favorite thing from Cavallini?

Disclosure: I received this journal from Cavallini in return for my honest review of the product, and the opinions expressed in this post are my own. I was not compensated in any other way.

1 comment :

  1. I really love that marbeling! I haven't seen these journals anywhere before. Love them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

 

All words and photographs belong to Journaling Journeys, unless otherwise stated.
Blog design by Marcia.