photo FLORALHEADER2_zpsd0535b2f.png

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

how to: journaling with paint chips part 2


 I very much enjoy journaling with paint chips, but here is another really cool idea that I call "The Colors of the Day" comprised of paint chips. I wish I could remember where I got the idea now.

It's very simple. Just keep your eyes and feelings open for the day’s colors. And not just tangible, physical colors. Be attuned to the colors of the weather, or the colors of what you ate or wore, or the colors of emotions and feelings. 


At the end of the day, you can find the colors in your paint chips. Cut them out into little rectangles and glue them directly onto the page, or onto a strip of brown paper. I like gluing mine onto brown paper. No real reason. I just think it looks nice. (And since my family eats at Chipotle so much I have many many brown paper Chipotle bags at my disposal). 

 It sums up your day in a really creative theme. And at the end of the day, going through paint chips to find just the perfect colors is very therapeutic. 


Question: Do you enjoy journaling with creative extras, or do you just prefer pen and paper?
 

4 comments :

  1. Hi Shaynie!

    I'm so glad you're back on one of your blogs. When I got to the bottom of the page, I pretty much instantly clicked "Join This Blog." ;-) I love it!!!

    Several of these pictures reminds me of the little quote book you put together for me for my birthday. I love it! Speaking of the book, I really need to get it out again and read it!

    Looking forward to your future posts!

    His Princess,
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do, and shall never tire of looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a such a cool idea! I usually journal with just pen and paper, but I got a new journal for Christmas, and I may have to try this! It would be great for keeping track of quotes... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a jumbo journal with perforated pages. The pattern is kind of retro-ish, with squares in different colors. Lots of room for writing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

 

All words and photographs belong to Journaling Journeys, unless otherwise stated.
Blog design by Marcia.